McKenzie River Trail (MRT) is a very popular riding destination and is listed in the top 10 of many national mountain bike magazines. The trail has amazing Oregon scenery with huge water falls, deep blue pools and lava flows. It is also an extremely technical trail and is for intermediate to advanced riders.
Cog Wild’s shuttle is a full day affair, we leave Bend early and return late. Here are details:
- 8am start time in Bend, return normally after 5:00pm
- The MRT is 100% cross-country riding. The trail only drops 1500 ft. of elevation over the entire 26-miles
- Expect a variety of technical sections of lava rock, exposure and flowy beautiful singletrack.
- Riders need to be intermediate to advanced riders to be comfortable with the very technical trail and how long you will be riding (many riders can’t believe how tired they get)
- The ride is non guided, you must be self supported and be able to read the map/trail signs
- All shuttle guests are giving 5 hours to ride the trail and enjoy the beautiful sites along the way.
- Book ahead, our MRT trips fill up!
2013 Confirmed McKenzie River Shuttle dates
Note: Shuttles can be scheduled for any day of the season, please read below for details.
July 25 – FULL
September 13 – FULL
Cog Shuttle Details
The shuttle leaves Bend at 8am and returns after 5pm.
Along the way we stop at the Sisters Bakery (bring cash, no cards accepted).
Cog Wild will provide a cooler for your food and post ride drinks in the van.
Maps are available for sale ($3-12), or bring your own Bend trail’s Adventure Map or McKenzie trail map.
For less experienced riders, lower drop points are available.
Each rider should have a patch kit, extra tubes, food for the trail, food for after the ride, a change of clothing and a first aid kit. It is at least 1.5 hours from when you finish your ride until returning to Bend, most people are hungry, so you can leave food in the van for after the ride.
Cog Shuttle Price
$60pp with a 5 person minimum or the cost of 5.
Help fill your shuttle by calling in advance to confirm your preferred date. Cog will share confirmed dates through email, Twitter, Facebook and our website. 95% of advanced booked shuttles go.
MRT Cancellation Policy
If no others join the shuttle and the original party does not want to pay the minimum price, there is no cancellation fee.
If enough people sign up to confirm the shuttle and you need to cancel there is a $25 cancellation charge up to 48 hours prior to the shuttle and within 48 hours 100% of the shuttle fee.
Can I rent a bike for the MRT?
Yes, Cog Wild can help with rentals – we will have your bike ready to go at 8am and return it to the bike shop once the shuttle is over.
Is this a guided ride?
No, it is not. We are only permitted to shuttle you to the McKenzie River Trail. You will be dropped at the trailhead and picked up again at the bottom of the trail.
We are new to mountain biking and want to ride the McKenzie Trail. Is this a good idea?
Many people are interested in riding the MRT because of its beauty, but it is not a beginner ride for bikers. We don’t recommend it.