Our Sunriver Cycling Tour will complete your Central Oregon vacation with fabulous views and history of the volcanic area – all by mountain bike!
Cog Wild will start your tour from the top of Lava Butte with views of the Cascade Range. From here we travel down to the lava flow where we enjoy a spin under the pine trees to Benham Falls. After stopping for photos we continue along the rushing Deschutes River, all on fun cycling trails and fireroads.
- Pick up at Sunriver Lodge or your vacation rental
- Great for first timers through intermediate mountain bikers
- Amazing views and great natural history along the route
- Fun trails that anyone can ride
- Bring your bike or rent a mountain bike
Add More to Your Trip
More tours for families and beginner riders: Singletrack Sampler, Shevlin Park Cruise, Peterson Ridge
Daily, 9:00am 0r 1:00pm start
Daily with 4 person minimum.
6-10 miles, 3 hour tour
Beginner mountain bikers, kids 7 and up and intermediate riders are all welcome! Join us for some great riding fun!!
This tour includes wide dirt trail, fire roads and singletrack. We will be riding next to the lava flow and Deschutes River, and through beautiful forest with scenic views.
$45 12 yrs and under
* Three hour bike tour outside Sunriver starting at 9:00am or 1:00pm
* Local transportation from either Bend or Sunriver
* Local expert guides
* Snacks on trail including cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, cookies or brownies.
* Bike rentals with helmet and gloves. This can be added, look at your options on our bike rental page.
What is singletrack?
Singletrack is trail designed for mountain biking or hiking. It means you ride in single file, the trail is not wide enough to ride side by side like on a road.
I have never mountain biked, can I handle this ride?
Yes, this is the perfect tour to start you trail riding career, some small challenges exist, but overall, the trail is very forgiving. Don’t forget, you can always get off and walk, but this tour is designed for beginner mountain bikers to have fun!