Wind though alpine and sub-alpine forests, passing numerous lakes in the Cascade Lakes region. Our ride will bring us over challenging climbs and swooping loamy descents while being surrounded by breathtaking views of snow-capped volcanic mountains. High Alpine singletrack flows through open meadows, dense lodgeploe forests and towering hemlock stands.
- Perfect for hi intermediate and advanced riders
- Ride remote, rarely ridden singletrack
- Enjoy pristine lakes and old growth forest
- Ride 18-28 miles
- Relax with a lakeside lunch
Add more to your tour:
This tour is a great addition to other popular rides in Bend. Check out Cog Wild’s Bachelor to Bend, Ochocos Epic and the Mckenzie River Trail shuttle for more great options.
2012 Tour Dates
Daily with 4 person minimum.
July-September, 9:00am start
High Intermediate to Advanced.
A classic high alpine XC loop. Technical climbing followed by fun challenging descents, with great views the whole time.
Ride between 4600 and 6300 feet.
$90 per person.
* A great cross country loop
* Local expert guides
* Shuttle from Cog’s office to the trailhead
* Yummy lunch including Nancy P’s sandwiches.
* 2 person minimum, 12 people max on each tour.
* A cooler loaded with Deschutes beer for post ride relaxing by the lake
Bike Rentals, check out our extensive rental page for your options!
How long is the tour?
The Cascade Lakes loop is about a 4 hour ride. With drive time and a lunch stop, expect to be back in town around 4:30.
Why should I choose this tour?
This route is a hidden gem. Many locals have not ridden it, nor would they know how to even find it. You will spend the day in some of the most beautiful terrain you have ever ridden – and probably not see another person outside of our group.
Most importantly, it is a fabulous ride with swoopy, never ending downhills and great climbs.