With a ton of new trail built since the last Ellsworth Tour, we are excited to return to the High Desert for three days of riding. With hundred’s of miles of trail to choose from, we won’t be releasing the exact riding plan until much closer. Just know this tour will include three amazing days of riding (does Cog Wild ever let you down??)
The trail options will include flowy downhills, technical sections and good climbs. Your weekend will include catered meals, Deschutes Brewery beer, camping under the stars and the man himself, Tony Ellsworth.
- Private tour just for owners of Ellsworth Bicycle frames
- Each day can include a hammer group and mellow pace group.
- Spend evenings around the campfire talking shop with Tony about what is happening at Ellsworth for the upcoming season.
“Another amazing experience. Chris, Patrick, Matt and Melanie are world class tour guides and hosts. Best bang for the buck on the planet! I am already looking forward to touring with Cog Wild again next year.” – Alton, 2013 Ellsworth Tour Guest”
Tour Planning Details
2014 Tour Date
July 25-27, 2014
$505 Per person for Ellsworth riders
* 2 nights of camping.
* 3 days of riding.
* Amazing meals from lunch on Friday to after ride snacks on Sunday. Seriously, really good food!
* Transportation during the tour to and from Cog’s office in Bend, shuttles as needed through trip.
* Cog Wild guides to spoil you.
* Event t-shirt
* Deschutes Brewery Beer
* An experience you will never forget!
* Airport shuttles to/from the Redmond (RDM) airport are included the day your tour starts and ends. Otherwise, you will need to organize your own airport shuttle. We recommend calling Enviro Shuttle or Green Energy Transportation to schedule your shuttle to Bend.
* Trip Insurance, which we highly recommend in case you need to cancel your trip, etc.
* Guide Gratuity – If you like the ride, tip your guide!
Tour starting time & location:
Currently meet at Cog Wild’s office in Bend at 9am or the campground we will be staying at for the weekend. This will evolve as we get closer to the tour..
Maximum # of Riders:
24 – Including Tony Ellsworth!
Intermediate to Advanced Riders
Miles and miles of buff well-constructed & maintained single-track with some roots, rocks, stream crossings added in. Bend area has some great climbs, fast descents, sweeping views.
Friday: Our tour will start Friday morning either at the Cog Wild office or another close by destination. As usual, we will do a great full day ride, ending with a cooler of soft drinks and Deschutes Brewery beers. We will enjoy dinner by the campfire, which is always something amazing cooked by our chef Matt. Will this year include bacon in the desert again?
Mileage: 15-25 miles?
Saturday: After an energizing breakfast we will ride! More details to follow, but expect a fabulous day on singletrack. Once the ride is done, we will return to camp for a second evening of great food and campfire stories.
Mileage: 17-25 miles?
Sunday: Sunday will include a fitting ride to cap off the trip, great views, long flowing trail and happy people.
Mileage: 26 miles