Spend three days riding Bend’s best singletrack in the beauty of the Cascade Mountains. Each day explore a different route though alpine forests, passing numerous lakes and to the top of scenic vistas. Ride ripp’n downhills through old growth forest and enjoy Bend’s brand new downhill only trail.
“In all seriousness, the tour rocked. Everyone at Cog Wild are exceptional guides/people. I couldn’t be more pleased of my decision to purchase the trip. I will recommend Cog Wild to everyone I speak with on the trails I ride. Thank you for a great vacation!” – Shane, 2013 tour guest
This tour includes:
- Three amazing days of riding Bend’s famous trails and lesser known gems.
- Two nights of lakeside camping on the beautiful and quiet Little Cultus Lake.
- Amazing meals, Deschutes Brewery beers and sunset over the lake.
- Canoeing and fishing in the evenings.
- Maximum of 12 guests per tour with 2-3 guides.
Add more to your trip
Add more days in Bend to take advantage of the never-ending singletrack. Add on the McKenzie River Shuttle, or another day tour. Cog Wild can help with accommodation ideas for additional days.
Tour Planning Details
2014 Tour Dates
** 4 of less spots left
$650 Per Person.
* 3 Fabulous days of riding with routes personalized for you & your interests.
* Amazing meals from Friday lunch though lunch on Sunday.
* 2 nights of camping at Little Cultus Lake in the Cascade Mountains.
* 2-3 local professional guides.
* Transportation through the tour.
* Deschutes Brewery beer
* Cog Wild t-shirt.
* Bike rentals, but look at our rental page for your many options to choose from.
* Tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad, but these are available for rent from Cog Wild.
* Airport shuttles to/from the Redmond (RDM) airport are included the day your tour starts and ends. Otherwise, you will need to organize your own airport shuttle. We recommend calling Enviro Shuttle or Green Energy Transportation to schedule your shuttle to Bend.
* Trip Insurance, which we highly recommend in case you need to cancel your trip, etc.
* Guide Gratuity – If you like the ride, tip your guide!
* Fishing licenses, which are available in Bend and across Oregon.
70+ miles over three days with epic and leisure tour options available.
Intermediate to Advanced riders. This tour includes back to back full days in the saddle on challenging trails.
Well-constructed singletrack, mainly buff with rocks, roots, features and jumps. Climbs to summits will be steep and challenging, rides back down fast and furious. A few short dirt road sections, lake swimming options and more… you will have to come and see!
Tour Starting/End Point
Bend, Oregon at Cog Wild office; Cog Wild can arrange in town accommodations before and after the tour.
Vacation Planning Information – click for packing lists, how to get to Bend, etc.
Friday: We start our trip off right in the Wanoga region, Bend’s newest section of singletrack built by mountain bikers for sweet flow. Winding through the woods we will climb 500′ before a long, smooth 1500′ decent with the Cascade Mountain range as the backdrop. Our route will end at Benham Falls along the Deschutes River before heading to Little Cultus Lake, our campsite for the next two nights. Each night we will enjoy a delicious dinner around the campfire with beer by Deschutes Brewery Beer.
Mileage: 20 miles
Saturday: Today, we’ll ride pristine singletrack right from camp. Our route will take us through huge Hemlock groves to our lunch picnic spot at Charlton Lake. Enjoy a swim in the crystal clear water or catching some sun on a shoreline rock. After lunch, our ride continues with creek crossings and tons of fast downhill all the way back to camp.
Mileage: 22 miles
Sunday: Our last day will put the icing on the cake of an incredible mountain biking weekend. The ride starts at Mt. Bachelor at 6800′, and follows the flowy trails all the way to Bend at 3400′. Enjoy trail among huge hemlock trees, traverse open alpine meadows with views into the Three Sisters Wilderness and a final beer at our office back in Bend.
Mileage: 30 miles